It is just so cold outside!
..And I am not made for winter! It isn’t too bad now that I have my new winter coats but still as much as I love wearing them, I cant wait for the warm sunny days to arrive when no coats are even needed!
I eat my vegetables often, but tend to struggle to eat fruit at this time of year. I feel happier within myself if I drink lots of water and have recently started drinking lots of hot boiled water. And after being given the advice from a friend, I have been drinking lots of hot lemon and ginger water too!
How I make mine:
- I dice a piece of fresh ginger into small peices and place into a cup
- then I slice a piece of fresh lemon and add that to my cup of ginger
- I then pour over it with freshly boiled water and leave it to infuse for a few minutes before drinking it.
I love it! And I feel so much better for drinking it rather than drinking too many cups of coffee and english tea all day (with milk and one sugar) for me this is a nice, cosy, warming and relaxing drink to enjoy during our wintery days.
The benefits to this drink:
- It’s healthy
- Rich in vitamins C and B
- Prevents colds and flu
- Great for your hair and skin
- Full of anti oxidants
- Great for stimulating digestion
- Provides protection against the development of cancer cells and polyps
- Builds up the immune system
- Cost effective
- Quick and easy to make
- Basically it’s great!! Lol
I tried to get my children to drink it too but they wasn’t too keen, they have one or two sips to make me happy but then the rest is left and I hate waste so I tend to make it just for myself now and encourage them to drink plenty of plain water instead!
Have you tried drinking this before? Is there another drink that I could try along with this? I’d love to hear from you so be sure to comment down below.
Wishing you a happy Monday and a positive week ahead!
Layonie Jae x