Focus on your why!
Have you ever felt really excited and enthusiastic about a new project only to find that a few weeks into it, the self doubt and paranoia starts to kick in!
Yep, that little voice on your shoulder starts to whisper thoughts of negativity such as:
"what will my friends and family think?"
At the beginning of this year I decided that I would start blogging again and take it seriously this time (as in the past it was more of a hobby rather than a real project) and that applied to my youtube channel too but thoughts of doubt would creep up such as,
"what if they find my posts and videos silly or boring?"
"what if they think that I'm embarrassing myself by even trying..?"
You can feel so vulnerable putting yourself out there as anyone and everyone have the chance to criticise you and publically too! Oh the embarrassment!! Starting from the bottom with a small following and very few followers on your social media platforms, is a little daunting but we all have to start somewhere and according to a lot of entrepreneurs and successful business men and women that I have researched on, they say that working your way up to the top can be a very rewarding process.
Anyway all of that being said, I am still determined to try and you should too!!
Here is how I continue to keep going despite Mr negativity's whispers!
I remind myself to focus on my WHY!
Here are my top 9 reasons Why:
- I'm living my life for myself and my children and no one else!
- I genuinely enjoy and feel passionate about what I am doing and if there is a chance at making a success out of my passion, then it is worth giving it a try!
- People may just actually like my content (and not laugh at it…)
- I may be of great help to other mums out there! That alone is something very rewarding!
- You only live once! I'd rather try and fail than never try at all and then have to live with the regret
- I have let opportunities pass me by in the past and I refuse to let that happen again!!
- I want to inspire my children to TRY anything and everything – to just go for it!!
- The internet offers a world of opportunity, so I would be a fool not to try
- It's something fun to do with my children!
Obviously these are my personal lists of reasons but I'm guessing that some of these may also apply to you too..?!
Having a project of my own gives me a sense of purpose (outside of being a mum which I honestly feel is the best job in the world) and allows me to use my creativity. It makes me happy and I feel productive. And happiness is what we all strive for isn't it..?!
You all know that I am a big believer of being persistently happy and my projects are something that me and my kids can work on together and achieve a great sense of happiness because of it!
So the next time that I have a moment of self doubt, I will focus on my reasons why I am doing what I am doing by referring back to this list, save this link and use it for yourself if ever you need a gentle reminder too!
Feel free to add any of your reasons why, in the comments section below, that you think I have missed out and may find useful!!
Thanks for reading ☺️
Layonie Jae x
You must be logged in to post a comment.